Friday, April 3, 2009

Sometimes it rocks to be a work from home mom!

A few months back, I wrote a journal post called, "Sometimes it sucks to be a work from home mom", so I feel obliged to balance that out today.

I'm feeling very happy about a sale I made today. I only earned $9 for a whole lot of time, but I feel as chirpy as a Disney princess!

Someone ordered a Personalized Passover baby T-shirt. I really enjoy getting the emails with those requests! Sure, when someone emails drawnbyk@gmail.com to ask me to personalize a design or change the coloring, it represents more work for me with no extra pay. But it feels more personal than just seeing sales reports. I get to have a mini written conversation with a person who has found my artwork on the internet and actually decided they want to buy it for a baby or toddler to wear! Pretty cool!

I even find out the first name of the baby, and I can imagine that there is some adorable little person with that name wearing my shirt! This time, I even got to imagine a little more, because the customer asked me to make slight changes in the drawing (making the hair curlier and longer) to make it better resemble the baby. I hope that little girl with the curls is old enough to taste a little sweet charoses, and I hope that when her family gathers with her for the seder, they like her shirt!



The customer who ordered that shirt just sent me this message:

Hi Kerridwen -
Just wanted to let you know I got the shirt today and it's gorgeous :) Thanks so much!


How fantastic is that?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute and nice Baby Clothing..

Christine Hales said...

WOW!your one of the best mom that I ever know, my mom also is one of the hard working mom in the world, when I was a little girl, I really like your post, keep it up you deserve to have the million kiss per day, hopw you have any post for baby furniture?